New Puppy Potty Training tips
- When taking outside put them on the ground at the same place every time
- Take out at regular interval based on age 1 hour under 2 months old. 2 hours 2 months old.
- Cut up cheese sticks for treats or a lot of praise
- Don’t give water after 7 or 8 PM
- Bell at door. Ring every time you take it out.
- Watch for the squat and immediately take them out
- Take out first thing in morning
- Join a Goldendoodle Facebook group
Dont be afraid to leave him in the cage for a bit and let him cry. Try to start out by leaving them in for about 1 hour. Take them out to potty and then let them play until they are worn out and back in the cage…and repeat….
- only put a couple toys inside and add a cushion inside when they are finally potty trained
- Cover up create with a towel or put it by you to let them see you
- Give treats only in create
- Don’t give water after 7 PM
- Put in crate same time every night like 9 PM
- Blanket or shirt with your scent
- Cuddle puppy with heartbeat
- They may cry but don’t worry
New Puppy Food
- Feed 3xs a day until 6 months then 2xs a day
- Sensitivity – some say doodles are sensitive to chicken. Try Wholesomes salmon dog food or other types
Tips to help stop bitting puppies
- Don’t let them chew on fingers. Make a fist so they cannot get fingers
- Try giving them a frozen wet rag to chew on.
- Give them plenty of toys to play with